During the journey to school on the Hogwarts Express in September 1993, a student was trying to read this book, but was unable to concentrate due to the noise others were making around them. He convinced the other students to move to another compartment and then locked the door after them, but he lost the book in the process. He asked Harry Potter, Ron Weasley, and Hermione Granger, who were passing through the train to try and find an empty compartment, to find and return this book to him. In exchange, he unlocked the door to the next compartment for them.
In February 1994, Hermione Granger was trying to read the book when her friends were throwing a party in Gryffindor Tower. Harry Potter was trying to get her to put it down and join in, but she was hysterical because she had hundreds of pages to get through before her next lesson for Muggle Studies in two days. She had taken too many lessons using a Time-Turner and was finding it difficult to keep up with her workload.
Behind the scenes
- The book appears as a background prop in the Flourish and Blotts sequence of the film adaptation of Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets. However, there is a number of things wrong with it: the author listed on the cover is Edessa Skanderberg instead of Wilhelm Wigworthy (making the date of publication nearly 500 years off, as Skanderberg lived in the 16th century); also, the publisher is shown as Rumiharts Books instead of Little Red Books.
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (film)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (First appearance)
- Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4 (Handheld versions only)
- Harry Potter Limited Edition
- The Art of Harry Potter Mini Book of Graphic Design
Notes and references
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, Chapter 13 (Gryffindor versus Ravenclaw)
- ↑ LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4 - Year 3, Level 1 (The Hogwarts Express)
- ↑ Harry Potter Limited Edition - A Guide to the Graphic Arts Department: Posters, Prints, and Publications from the Harry Potter Films
|Professors: Quirinus Quirrell · Male Teacher · Charity Burbage · Alecto Carrow|
|Classrooms: Muggle Studies Classroom · Muggle Studies showroom · Fifth Floor classroom|
|Textbooks: Cooking the Muggle Way · Home Life and Social Habits of British Muggles · Moronic Muggles · Muggles Who Notice · My Life as a Muggle · The Philosophy of the Mundane: Why the Muggles Prefer Not to Know · When Muggles Attack|