At least some content in this article is derived from information featured in Harry Potter: Puzzles & Spells, Harry Potter: Wizards Unite, and Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery.
- "There were shelves upon shelves of the most succulent-looking sweets imaginable. Creamy chunks of nougat, shimmering pink squares of coconut ice, fat, honey-coloured toffees; hundreds of different kinds of chocolate in neat rows; there was a large barrel of Every Flavour Beans, and another of Fizzing Whizzbees, the levitating sherbet balls that Ron had mentioned; along yet another wall were ‘Special Effects’ sweets: Drooble’s Best Blowing Gum (which filled a room with bluebell-coloured bubbles that refused to pop for days), the strange, splintery Toothflossing Stringmints, tiny black Pepper Imps (‘breathe fire for your friends!’), Ice Mice (‘hear your teeth chatter and squeak!’), peppermint creams shaped like toads (‘hop realistically in the stomach!’) , fragile sugar-spun quills and exploding bonbons."
- — Description[src]
Honeydukes is a wizarding sweet shop located on High Street in the all-wizarding village of Hogsmeade. It was first established in 1641 and is owned by Ambrosius Flume and his wife, and is filled with “shelves upon shelves of the most succulent-looking sweets imaginable”. In addition to the standard wizarding candy that is sold there, the owners also make their own fudge and chocolate. For obvious reasons, the shop is quite a popular destination for Hogwarts students when visiting Hogsmeade on the weekends and during the Christmas season one can barely move due to the crowd of visitors .
- "BY ORDER OF THE MINISTRY OF MAGIC
Customers are reminded that until further notice, Dementors will be patrolling the streets of Hogsmeade every night after sundown. This measure has been put in place for the safety of Hogsmeade residents and will be lifted upon the recapture of Sirius Black. It is therefore advisable that you complete your shopping well before nightfall.
- — Notice on the Honeydukes door during the escape of Sirius Black[src]
Honeydukes also houses the entrance to a secret passageway from Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry directly into the cellar of the sweet-shop; however, it is advisable only to use it to go from Hogwarts Castle to Honeydukes and not the other way around, due to the presence of a stone slide at the Hogwarts end.
In the Gunhilda of Gorsemoor Corridor on the third floor of Hogwarts Castle, one can find a large stone statue of Gunhilda. By tapping the back of the statue with one's wand and incant "Dissendium", one will open up the secret passageway in the statue's hunched back, leading down a short, cool stone slide. They will land in a very low, very narrow earthy passageway that twists like a rabbit's burrow, rising after an hour or so and reaches a large, worn stone staircase after ten minutes of steep ascent. There are over two hundred steps on this staircase, and those climbing it will usually be surprised when their head hits the hard, cold trap-door. This trap-door leads into the cellar of Honeydukes, and matches the dusty floor perfectly.
The cellar of the shop is full of wooden crates and boxes, with a very dusty floor and a large wooden staircase leading up to the main shop. In the cellar, one could hear the opening and shutting of the sweet-shop door, as well as the tinkling of the bell above it.
Honeydukes maintains and supplies the Honeydukes Express, a large food trolley which sells sweets to the staff and students riding the Hogwarts Express. It is driven about, and the candies are dispersed, by a kind, wizened old lady.
During the Calamity in the 2010s, volunteer members of the Statute of Secrecy Task Force were able to make visits to Honeydukes with the usage of Portkeys. On these visits, they were tasked with collecting Wrackspurts seen throughout the shop.
- "It’s this sweetshop, where they’ve got everything... Pepper Imps — they make you smoke at the mouth — and great fat Chocoballs full of strawberry mousse and clotted cream, and really excellent sugar quills which you can suck in class and just look like you’re thinking what to write next —"
- — Description of the items sold in the shop[src]
Behind the scenes
- The 2-disc DVD edition of the film adaptation of Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban includes an interactive tour of Honeydukes, featuring the main shop area, as well as the cellar and the entrance to the Hogwarts' secret tunnel. The tour includes exclusive footage of Fred and George Weasley wandering about the place and, ultimately, accessing the secret tunnel.
- There is a recreation of Honeydukes in The Wizarding World of Harry Potter.
- Alfonso Cuarón included some Mexican elements in Honeydukes, such as Chocolate Skeletons.
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (film)
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (film) (Flashback on Disc 2)
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (video game)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 (video game)
- Harry Potter and the Cursed Child (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter and the Cursed Child (play) (Mentioned only)
- Wizarding World
- LEGO Harry Potter: Building the Magical World
- LEGO Harry Potter: Characters of the Magical World (Mentioned only)
- The Wizarding World of Harry Potter
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7
- LEGO Harry Potter
- Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter: Wizards Unite
- Harry Potter: Puzzles & Spells (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter: The Wand Collection (Mentioned only)