A House scarf was a scarf in the colours of one of the Houses of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Students could receive these scarfs at a point during their first year and were known to wear them during cold weather.
Behind the scenes
- The Noble Collection sells House scarfs.
- These scarfs were never mentioned in the novels, but appear in the film adaptations. J. K. Rowling specifically mentioned Newton Scamander's Hufflepuff scarf in Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them: The Original Screenplay.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (film) (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (film)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (film)
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (film)
- Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them: The Original Screenplay
- Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (film)
- Fantastic Beasts: Cases from the Wizarding World
- Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery
- Harry Potter: Wizards Unite
Notes and references
*Disclosure: Some of the links above are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, Fandom will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase. Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.