At least some content in this article is derived from information featured in Harry Potter: Puzzles & Spells. Spoilers will be present within the article.
- "Aunt Petunia’s masterpiece of a pudding, the mountain of cream and sugared violets, was floating up near the ceiling. On top of a cupboard in the corner crouched Dobby."
The Hover Charm (incantation unknown) was a charm which made the target hover in mid-air for a brief period of time. It was one of the many lesser variations of the Levitation Charm, and worked on both objects and people.
|Dobby||31 July 1992||Used it to move Petunia Dursley's pudding from the kitchen ceiling at 4 Privet Drive and then drop and destroy it, though Harry Potter was blamed for it.|
|Hermione Granger||25 December, 1997||Used it to move Harry Potter to get him into his bunk while he was unconscious after their visit in Godric's Hollow.|
|30 December, 1997||Hermione used this charm to lift a dresser off of Ron Weasley at the Lovegood House, after being ambushed by Death Eaters Travers and Selwyn.|
|Xenophilius Lovegood||Used this charm in an attempt to move debris from his staircase at his house, after it was blown up following an ambush by the Death Eaters.|
Behind the scenes
- Pottermore seems to give the spell a time limit; perhaps house-elves can only cast it for a certain amount of time before tiring, or perhaps the spell truly will only last fourteen seconds; the cause, however, is at present unknown.
- This spell and Levioso have curiously similar effects; it may be that the two are the same, or potential variants.
- In the film, Dobby moves the cake from the table over to Mason's wife's head, where he dumps it.
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (film)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (film) (Possible appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (film) (Possible appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
- Harry Potter Trading Card Game
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4
- Wonderbook: Book of Spells (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter: Puzzles & Spells