|"Are you a wizard or not?"
The title of this article is conjectural. Although it is based on canonical information, the actual name is a conjecture and may be supplanted at any time by additional information released from canonical sources. If this occurs, please move this page to the appropriate title.
- "Duelling against the Hufflepuff junior champion... Harry Potter!"
- — Announcing a duel[src]
The Hufflepuff Duelling Club Captain as the title suggests, refers to the Duelling Club captain for the Hufflepuff house. He is a selected student from the Hufflepuff house to represent the house in the Duelling Club.
This boy attended Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry via the Hogwarts Express in the 1990s and was Sorted into Hufflepuff House during the Sorting ceremony. His Head of House was Pomona Sprout, the Herbology Professor, and he shared a dormitory with four boys in his year in the Hufflepuff Basement, which is located below ground level and near the Hogwarts kitchens. He apparently excelled at Defence Against the Dark Arts and was chosen to represent Hufflepuff as the Hufflepuff Duelling Club Captain, possibly at 1992 when Gilderoy Lockhart set up the club.
In 1996, when Defence Against the Dark Arts was taught by Professor Severus Snape, the Hufflepuff boy witnessed Harry Potter duelling Vincent Crabbe, who tried to attack when he was in a hurry. He defeated Crabbe effortlessly and was approached by the boy, who was impressed by his remarkable duelling skills asked him to show the rest of the Duelling Club how to cast the Shield Charm, which he did easily.
Magical abilities and skills
- Duelling: As the head of the Hufflepuff Duelling Club, this student was a very talented duellist, who was proficient with the casting of the Stunning Spell, Disarming Charm and Shield Charm in combat, showing he was skilled with martial magic.
Behind the scenes
- The Hufflepuff Duelling Club Captain has only appeared in the video game adaptation of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince.
- Unlike the other Duelling Club Captains, both the Slytherin and the Hufflepuff Duelling Club Captains were not named.
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (video game) (First appearance)
Notes and references
- He is attending Hogwarts in 1996 and must be at least a first year, likely older as he is the same height as Harry Potter.
- "World Exclusive Interview with J K Rowling," South West News Service, 8 July 2000 - "Hogwarts just serves Britain and Ireland."
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (video game)