At least some content in this article is derived from information featured in Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery. Spoilers will be present within the article.
- "...‘Homenum revelio’ alerts the caster to any other human presence in the vicinity."
The Human-presence-revealing Spell (Homenum Revelio) is a charm which reveals the presence of other humans in the surrounding environment. The spell indicates a body by a marker which can be felt by the target as something "swooping" low over him or her. It is a variation of the Revelio Charm.
During the 1988–1989 school year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, Professor Patricia Rakepick taught her fifth year students this charm in Defence Against the Dark Arts, in preparation for their Ordinary Wizarding Levels that year.
On 1 August 1997, Hermione Granger used this spell at 12 Grimmauld Place after escaping pursuing Death Eaters Antonin Dolohov and Thorfinn Rowle. 30 December 1997, Death Eaters Selwyn and Travers ambushed Lovegoods house and Travers used this spell to locate Harry Potter. It is possible that it is related to the spell Specialis Revelio, and it is very likely that the spell cannot detect magical creatures such as house-elves, goblins, etc.
Behind the scenes
- J.K. Rowling stated that Albus Dumbledore could cast a non-verbal Human-presence-revealing spell. This is the reason he was able to know Harry was present even while under the Invisibility cloak.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (Nonverbally)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (Nonverbally)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (film) (Nonverbally)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (First identified as Human-presence-revealing Spell)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1
- Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery
Notes and references
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 "A transcript of a web chat with J.K. Rowling" from The Leaky Couldron
- ↑ Wizarding World
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Chapter 9 (A Place to Hide)
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Chapter 21 (The Tale of the Three Brothers)
- ↑ Wiktionary - homo(Latin)
- ↑ Wiktionary - revelo