At least some content in this article is derived from information featured in Harry Potter: Wizards Unite. As such, spoilers will be present within the article.
For gameplay-specific information, please see the relevant article on the Harry Potter: Wizards Unite Wiki!
|"Are you a wizard or not?"
The title of this article is conjectural. Although it is based on canonical information, the actual name is a conjecture and may be supplanted at any time by additional information released from canonical sources. If this occurs, please move this page to the appropriate title.
- Professor McGonagall: "Professor Moody! What... what are you doing?!"
- Bartemius Crouch Jr (disguised as Alastor Moody): "Teaching!"
- Professor McGonagall: "Is that a... is that a student?"
- Bartemius Crouch Jr (disguised as Alastor Moody): "Technically it's a ferret."
- — Barty (as Moody) arguing with McGonagall[src]
Barty Crouch Jr (disguised as Mad-Eye Moody) used this spell on Draco Malfoy in the 1994-1995 school year when he tried to curse Harry Potter behind his back. Minerva McGonagall later performed the appropriate untransfiguration.
During the Calamity in the 2010s which affected the Wizarding World, a curse Confoundable transfigured an unnamed Slytherin student into a ferret. Volunteer members of the Statute of Secrecy Task Force had to cast the General Counter-Spell to return the student to their original form and send them back to Hogwarts.
Behind the scenes
- In September 1994, when Draco Malfoy was transfigured into a ferret, he tried to get to the dungeons. Complete transfiguration into an animal makes a human think like the animal, except Animagus transfigurations. This suggests that the attempted escape had nothing to do with him wanting to get to his common room and was coincidental.
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (film)
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4
- Harry Potter: Wizards Unite