At least some content in this article is derived from information featured in Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery. Spoilers will be present within the article.
During the 1985–1986 school year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, Skye Parkin used this hex on a broom and asked Jacob's sibling to mount it as their first Quidditch practice. After a few tries they successfully mounted it.
Also during this school year, Andre Egwu might have used this hex to bewitch fellow Ravenclaw Brennan Doyle's broom and render it erratic, as retribution for the latter spitefully sabotaging him after the former departed from a Quidditch practice.
In early 1994, Filius Flitwick suggested to Minerva McGonagall that Harry's confiscated Firebolt might have been hexed with this spell. The possibility was discovered while the broom was undergoing a stripping-down process, but it was apparently discovered to be free of this spell.
Behind the scenes
- It was stated that Quirrell was jinxing Harry's broomstick, not hexing it. Additionally, it was implied that the Hurling Hex can be imbued on a broom, but the spell that Quirrell was casting required a continuous process and was casting from a distance.
- The All-Wizard Tournament adventure is available to players in Year 5 in Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery, but if the player is already in Year 6 before the adventure is launched, the dialogues will accommodate to that time.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (Possible appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (film) (Possible appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (First mentioned)
- Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery (First appearance)
Notes and references
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, Chapter 12 (The Patronus)
- Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery, Year 2, Quidditch Season 1, Chapter 2 (The Road to Tryouts)
- Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery, Year 6, Side Quest "Poor Sport"
- Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery, Year 5, "ALL-WIZARD VICTOR" Achievement
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone, Chapter 11 (Quidditch)
- When Hagrid apologises for the first task being too easy, if the player has crossed Year 6 Chapter 18 by that time, he would mention Rowan Khanna's death and says they didn't want anyone else to die like that, which shows the time of the adventure is the same as that of the main storyline. For those who haven't completed Year 6 Chapter 18, only that line isn't said by Hagrid, and other things are completely same.