Ice cream is a frozen dessert containing cream, sugar and flavouring.
On 23 June, 1991 while at the zoo for Dudley Dursley's birthday, Vernon bought Dudley and Piers Polkiss each large chocolate ice creams. Rubeus Hagrid bought ice cream (chocolate and raspberry with chopped nuts) for Harry Potter during his visit to Diagon Alley during that same year.
In 1992, when Dobby destroyed the pudding made by Petunia Dursley, she "dug some ice-cream out of the freezer" as a substitute dessert, but the Masons did not stick around. Later that year, Harry bought three strawberry and peanut butter ice creams, one each for himself, Ronald Weasley and Hermione Granger, while on a trip to Diagon Alley.
During Horace Slughorn's meetings he served ice cream.
This dessert was served at the Luchino Caffe, an all-night Italian café on Tottenham Court Road in London, where it cost £1.50. The choice of flavours was chocolate, strawberry, cherry, pistachio and vanilla.
Behind the scenes
- In LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4 Gilderoy Lockhart eats ice cream during the Quidditch match, when a bludger makes him throw it in Minerva McGonagall's face.
- It is possible that it was served in 1992 at Hogwarts' Start-of-Term Feast.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (film)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (film) (Mentioned in deleted scene) (Possible appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (film)
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (film)
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (video game) (Seen in Game Menu)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (film)
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (film)
- Harry Potter: A Pop-Up Book
- LEGO Harry Potter: Building the Magical World
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7
- LEGO Harry Potter
- The Wizarding World of Harry Potter