At least some content in this article is derived from information featured in Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery. Spoilers will be present within the article.
Ignatia Wildsmith (1227—1320) was a witch and wizarding inventor, who was famously the creator of Floo Powder. During her childhood, she attended Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, and was sorted into Ravenclaw.
After her graduation from Hogwarts School, Ms. Wildsmith presumably studied further into Herbology, and discovered the magical properties of the Floo plant. From it, she devised a magical powder, Floo Powder, which, when thrown into a fire, could transport wizards from one fireplace to another via a network of fireplaces.
Death and post-mortem
On 1 September, 1991, Prefect Robert Hilliard welcomed the Ravenclaw first years to Ravenclaw Tower with a short speech in which he mentioned inventor Ignatia Wildsmith as one of the many notable Hogwarts students who had been Sorted, like them, into Ravenclaw.
Behind the scenes
- On her Famous Wizard Card, Ignatia's outfit bears a resemblance to Maleficent from Disney's Sleeping Beauty. Throughout the film, Maleficent is associated with green flames, even using them to teleport herself. She also has a raven companion, though this may be coincidental, as Ignatia was not revealed to be a Ravenclaw at the time the card was designed.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (video game) (Appears on a Famous Wizard Card)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (video game) (Appears on a Famous Wizard Card)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (video game) (Appears on a Famous Wizard Card)
- Wizard of the Month
- Pottermore (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery (Mentioned only)