At least some content in this article is derived from information featured in Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery. Spoilers will be present within the article.
|"Is this all real? Or has this been happening inside my head?"
The topic of this article is of a real-life subject that has been mentioned "in-universe" in a canon source. The Harry Potter Wiki is written from the perspective that all information presented in canon is true (e.g., Hogwarts really exists), and, as such, details contained in this article may differ from real world facts.
They were studied by fifth years in Defence Against the Dark Arts in the 1991-1992 school year, which was taught by Professor Quirinus Quirrell at the time. As Dolores Umbridge said in 1995 that Quirrell's classes were the only ones which would pass a Ministry inspection, iguanas were likely part of the curriculum approved by the Ministry of Magic.
Harry Potter, as part of his practical Transfiguration O.W.L. exam, was given an iguana on which to demonstrate his skill with Vanishment. In contrast to his classmates, Hannah Abbot, Harry successfully managed to vanish the creature.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (film) (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (film)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
- Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery (Mentioned only)
Notes and references
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (film) - Chapter 15 (New Seeker)
- ↑ Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, Chapter 15 (The Hogwarts High Inquisitor)
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (film) - Chapter 14 (About the Chamber)
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, Chapter 31 (O.W.L.s)