During his first year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Harry found the spellbook, during a challenge created by Professors Filius Flitwick. Pomona Sprout also taught Harry Potter this spell from this spellbook in Herbology. During his second year, Harry did another challenge created by Flitwick, to find the spellbook. A copy of the spellbook was stored in one of the vaults at Gringotts Wizarding Bank, guarded by the Vaults Guardian, a giant Fire Crab. Harry had to collect five gemstones to create a key to get into the vault and collect the spellbook.
Behind the scenes
- Flitwick created both challenges in the console versions of both games.
- Sprout created the first challenge in the PC version.
- Only in the GBA version that spellbook was kept in a vault at Gringotts.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (video game) (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (video game)