At least some content in this article is derived from information featured in Harry Potter: Wizards Unite. As such, spoilers will be present within the article.
For gameplay-specific information, please see the relevant article on the Harry Potter: Wizards Unite Wiki!
|"Is this all real? Or has this been happening inside my head?"
The topic of this article is of a real-life subject that has been mentioned "in-universe" in a canon source. The Harry Potter Wiki is written from the perspective that all information presented in canon is true (e.g., Hogwarts really existed), and, as such, details contained in this article may differ from real world facts.
India is a large country located in Southern Asia. It is the second most populated country in the world. It borders at least six countries, namely China, Pakistan, Bhutan, Nepal, Bangladesh, and Burma.
India is governed by a Ministry of Magic, which may have punished wizards, notably the ones profiting from Muggles via illegal activities, for breaching the International Statute of Wizarding Secrecy.
Games and sports
There are hardly any broomsticks in India as the flying carpet is the preferred mode of travel. Despite this, Quidditch has some fans on the street, and India has its own National Quidditch team.
Native to India
Creatures found in the tropical parts of India:
Creatures found throughout the Indian Ocean:
The following creatures were all found worldwide:
Behind the scenes
- Twins in Harry Potter's year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, Parvati and Padma Patil are probably of Indian descent due to their surnames.
- Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (First mentioned)
- Quidditch Through the Ages (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter: The Character Vault (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter: Wizards Unite (Mentioned only)
Notes and references
- India on Wikipedia
- Harry Potter Warner Bros. Official Site - Serpensortia entry on the Cast-a-Spell kit (Library section)
- Harry Potter Warner Bros. Official Site (Archived)
- Quidditch Through the Ages
- (see this image)
- Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them
- The Making of Harry Potter - (see this image)