Harry Potter, Ronald Weasley and Hermione Granger used this spell on various creatures around the grounds of Hogwarts Castle throughout the 1994-1995 school year, under the authorisation of their Defence Against the Dark Arts teacher, Professor Bartemius Crouch Jr (who was disguised as Alastor Moody).
The prefix 'Inflate' derives from the English verb "to expand with oxygen".
Behind the scenes
- While never confirmed, this spell appears to be the charm that in 1993, Harry Potter accidentally lost control of his magic affecting Aunt Marge, who was inflated like a balloon after she nastily insulted his deceased parents.
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (possibly)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (film) (possibly)
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (video game) (First appearance)
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4 (possibly)