- "But Aunt Marge suddenly stopped speaking. For a moment, it looked as though words had failed her. She seemed to be swelling with inexpressible anger — but the swelling didn’t stop. Her great red face started to expand, her tiny eyes bulged, and her mouth stretched too tightly for speech — next second, several buttons had just burst from her tweed jacket and pinged off the walls — she was inflating like a monstrous balloon, her stomach bursting free of her tweed waistband, each of her fingers blowing up like a salami…"
Harry Potter, Ronald Weasley and Hermione Granger used this spell on various creatures around the grounds of Hogwarts Castle throughout the 1994-1995 school year, under the authorisation of their Defence Against the Dark Arts teacher, Professor Bartemius Crouch Jr (who was disguised as Alastor Moody).
The prefix 'Inflate' derives from the English verb "to expand with oxygen".
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (first appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (film)
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (video game)
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4