At least some content in this article is derived from information featured in Harry Potter: Magic Awakened. As such, spoilers will be present within the article.
Harry Potter, Ronald Weasley and Hermione Granger used this spell on various creatures around the grounds of Hogwarts Castle throughout the 1994–1995 school year, under the authorisation of their Defence Against the Dark Arts teacher, Bartemius Crouch Junior (who was disguised as Alastor Moody at the time).
The prefix 'Inflate' derives from the English verb "to expand with oxygen".
Behind the scenes
- While never confirmed, Inflatus was possibly the spell that Harry Potter accidentally used in 1993. This caused his Aunt Marge to become inflated like a balloon after she insulted his deceased parents.
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (Possible appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (film) (Possible appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (video game) (First appearance)
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4 (Possible appearance)
- Pottermore (Possible appearance)
- Wizarding World (Possible appearance)
- Harry Potter: Magic Awakened