- "If you cast Informus on a beast during a magical encounter, the Folio Bruti stores information on its strengths and weaknesses. Use it to prepare for future encounters."
Informous may be a corruption of the Latin īnfōrmō, from which the English inform, meaning "to communicate knowledge to", is derived from.
Behind the scenes
- The incantation can also be spelled "Informus", which better suits the etymology.
- It is unknown whether a magnifying glass actually hovers over the target when the spell is cast, or if this is perhaps merely to show the effects of the spell better.
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (video game) (GBC version) (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (video game) (GBA version)
Notes and references
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.