|"Well, I think we should put it back in order for them, don't you?"
This article or section needs to be cleaned up to conform to a higher standard of quality.
Examples of Invisibility
A highly useful skill, Invisibility can be harnessed by Wizardkind, most notably by using an Invisibility Cloak, Invisibility Potion or Invisibility Spell. A Disillusionment Charm or Bedazzling Hex can also be cast to achieve virtual invisibility.
Wizards have also developed the Invisibility Charm, a spell used to render a target area invisible. They also developed the Invisibility Booster, a device which could turn an enchanted car, its passengers, and everything else inside invisible.
There is also a section of books in Hogwarts Library, the books within this section discuss invisibility and are, appropriately, invisible. Some books, such as The Invisible Book of Invisibility, are invisible, raising the question how they are even read, as Flourish and Blotts could never so much as find 200 copies of these books.
Several magical creatures possess various degrees of invisibility. Most notable include the Demiguise, an orangutan-like ape, who can turn invisible at will, and the Thestral, who appears invisible to anybody that hasn't witnessed and accepted the reality of death. Poltergeists such as Peeves may choose to be invisible or not, an ability they may share with other non-beings.
Certain creatures and items can become invisible to certain people while remaining fully visible to others at the same time; while compared to true Invisibility, this ability seems more akin to manipulation of the targets' minds. The most well-known example of this debatable form of Invisibility are Thestrals, a type of skeletal winged horse known for being "invisible" to those who had not witnessed and comprehended Death. Another example was bimetal alchemical thread, a patented wizard-made magical fibre, invisible to practitioners of the Dark Arts. Dementors are invisible to muggles but visible to wizardkind.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (film)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (film)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (film)
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2
- Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (Mentioned only)
- Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (film)
- Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them: The Original Screenplay