Described as "beautiful," she lived in Godric's Hollow. Due to the lack of male heirs, she, the eldest of her generation, inherited her grandfather's Cloak of Invisibility. Upon her marriage to Hardwin Potter, she explained that, in the tradition of the Peverell family, possession of the cloak was kept secret. Hardwin honoured her family's tradition, and, from then on, the cloak was passed to the eldest child of each new generation in the Potter family.
- Pottermore (First mentioned)
- Wizarding World (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter and the Cursed Child (Mentioned only)
Notes and references
- According to Pottermore, Iolanthe inherited the cloak of invisibility due to a "lack of male heirs in her generation." As far as we know, only her father's uncle, Cadmus, fathered at least one child - who would eventually become the precursor to the Gaunt Family - which would imply, as J.K. Rowling confirmed "Peverell blood would run through many wizarding families", that Iolanthe had at least one other female relative - whether this be a sister, aunt, cousin, daughter - on the Peverell side (or through the Potters) to spread the Peverell blood to a different family.
- Writing by J.K. Rowling: "The Potter Family" at Wizarding World