At least some content in this article is derived from information featured in Harry Potter: Magic Awakened. As such, spoilers will be present within the article.
Early life (Before 2008)
- Ivy Warrington: "I'll talk to the professors at school. Maybe if they speak to father he'll change his mind."
- Winifred Warrington: "You know he won't. He dosen't care. No one does. Especially not you."
- Ivy Warrington: "That's not true, Winnie. I care about you. I want us to be together."
- Winifred Warrington: "Then why are you leaving me?"
- Ivy Warrington: "Stop it, Winnie! You'll get us into trouble."
- Winifred Warrington: "Good. Maybe father won't let you go, either. In that case, you won't be needing your trunk!"
- — Ivy speaking with Winifred before she vanished herself[src]
Ivy first showed signs of magic when she was four or five years old.
She and her sister were accepted into Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, however, Winifred was not allowed to attend because their father feared her unpredictable magic could hurt someone. Ivy promised to speak to the professors so they could speak with her father to make him change his mind, but Winifred was resentful and stubborn about not being allowed to attend, and accused Ivy of not caring about her. Ivy tried to reason with her, but Winifred attempted to use Evanesco on Ivy's school trunk so she could not go to Hogwarts as well, which backfired and caused Winifred to vanish. Their grandmother tried to help her forget what happened by using a Memory Charm. However, it caused her to wholly forget about Winifred. Ivy had an ability to vanish, and would do so even when she didn't intend to. It was unknown when she manifested this ability.
Hogwarts years (2008–)
At the age of eleven, Ivy began attending Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. During the Sorting Ceremony, Ivy was at first missing, having been distracted by bushes outside the castle, but was later found by Rubeus Hagrid. She was sorted into whichever house the player character chooses.
Magical abilities and skills
- Charms: Ivy was proficient in the casting of charms. She could successfully cast the Levitation Charm, the Disarming Charm, and the Locking Spell. She was also capable of producing a corporeal Patronus in the form of a pekingese, an exceptional magical feat for a Hogwarts student, as a corporeal Patronus was a mark of superior magical ability. She was known to enjoy Charms class at Hogwarts.
- Transfiguration: She could successfully cast the Vanishing Spell. She was able to vanish large objects, such as luggage and adult-sized suits of armours.
- Healing magic: She once successfully used the spell Episkey to heal Daniel Page's broken nose.
Behind the scenes
- It is possible that she was related to Cassius Warrington.
- Ivy doesn't have a set House at Hogwarts. Her character will be put into the same House that the player chooses to be in.
- There is a popular theory suggesting that the Ivy that appears in the stories of the first two years might actually be her sister Winifred using Ivy's identity. There's a sentence in the game said by the player's roommate that asks whether the Ivy they've found is really the true Ivy. If she is indeed Winifred instead of Ivy, then the switch may have happened before the Sorting Ceremony, which would explain "Ivy"'s tardiness, or before the player found "Ivy" in the Room of Requirement, which would mean the hand that appeared from the suitcase belonged to the real Ivy, while it was Winifred who walked out.
- Harry Potter: Magic Awakened (First appearance)
Notes and references
- https://game.163.com/news/2020/06/02/18455_884321.html - This page from the official website of NetEase states that the story starts ten years after the Battle of Hogwarts ("游戏故事时间设定在霍格沃茨大战十年之后")
- Her father was a Muggle, her grandmother was a witch, meaning her mother was either a Squib or a witch. If her mother was a Squib, it is most likely would be considered Muggle-born, given Muggle-borns descend from Squibs.
- "World Exclusive Interview with J K Rowling," South West News Service, 8 July 2000 - "Hogwarts just serves Britain and Ireland."
- Harry Potter: Magic Awakened
- Harry Potter: Magic Awakened - Ivy Warrington character profile
- Harry Potter: Magic Awakened, Year 1, Daniel Page reads in the Book of Admittance that Ivy first displayed magic seven years prior.
- A video on Bilibili and its comment section