At least some content in this article is derived from information featured in Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery. Spoilers will be present within the article.
|"I show not your face but your heart's desire."|
This wand was a wand that belonged to Jacob's sibling, and was purchased from Garrick Ollivander's wand shop shorty before the 1984–1985 school year, their first year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.
Behind the scenes
- The properties of the wand is player-determined, and which wand chooses you depends on what kind of reaction your character states to have had at the expulsion and later sudden disappearance of their brother after the latter runs away from home.
- If the player replies they were determined to restore their family name and prove themselves as a powerful witch/wizard, Ollivander will express approval of their determination and ambition and give them a wand made of Hornbeam with a dragon heartstring core. It is eleven inches long and described as "inflexible".
- If the player replies they felt bad for Jacob, Ollivander will praise their sensitivity and give them a wand made of Acacia with a core of unicorn hair. It is twelve inches long and described as "pliable".
- If the player replies they are angry, Ollivander will say he can tell there is a lot of fight in them and give them a blackthorn wand with a unicorn hair core. It is eleven-and-a-quarter inches and described as "slightly springy and flexible."
- When the game was in Beta mode, there was a fourth possible answer of "I wanted answers." The option awarded the player with the twelve inches maple wood wand with a unicorn hair core, which happened to be the same wand wood as their brother Jacob's wand.
- An error exists in Year five where Ollivander will say that they received the Hornbeam wand for their first wand, regardless of the player's choice.
- Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery (First appearance)