|This article is non-canon.
This article covers a character that has been deemed non-canon by either the author or the Harry Potter licensees, and thus should not be taken as a part of the "real" Harry Potter universe.
|"Are you a wizard or not?"
The title of this article is conjectural. Although it is based on canonical information, the actual name is a conjecture and may be supplanted at any time by additional information released from canonical sources. If this occurs, please move this page to the appropriate title.
Behind the scenes
- The muggle only appeared in an early and abandoned draft of Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone, portraying the role that was eventually given to Peter Pettigrew.
- It is likely that the Muggle would have given their location willingly, as Rowling described them as a "horrible Muggle" who betrayed them in a similar way that Peter had, rather than someone who was made to by means of magic or threats.
- Since Voldemort had hated Muggles and Muggle-borns, it is unknown why Rowling originally wanted a Muggle to betray the Potters for him. It is possible that they had no idea who he was, but just wanted to cause trouble, while Voldemort saw them as a means to his plan.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (First appearance) (Early drafts only)
- J. K. Rowling's official site (Mentioned only)