- "The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death."
- —The message on the tombstone[src]
The grave of James and Lily Potter is located in the graveyard of Godric's Hollow. It was made of the same white marble as Albus Dumbledore's tomb, and shone in the darkness. The headstone had been engraved with Lily and James' dates of birth and death, and a message.
Harry Potter and Hermione Granger visited this grave on Christmas Eve in 1997, and conjured a wreath of roses to lay on the grave. The grave of Ignotus Peverell the original owner of a Deathly Hallows (as well as an ancestor of James Potter) lay in the same graveyard, as did Dumbledore's mother Kendra and sister Ariana.
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 (video game)
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7
- Harry Potter and the Cursed Child
Behind the scenes
- The inscription on the Potters' gravestone is from 1 Corinthians 15:26 in the Bible, which discusses Christ defeating all enemies, the last being death itself.
- Rowling stated in 2007, "[But] I think those two particular quotations he [Harry] finds on the tombstones at Godric's Hollow, they sum up — they almost epitomise the whole series."