Identical twins James Andrew Eric Phelps and Oliver Martyn John Phelps are English actors who play the Weasley twins Fred and George Weasley in all film versions of the Harry Potter series. They also did the voices for the twins in the video-game adaption of Harry Potter and the Order of The Phoenix and Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1. They were born just thirteen minutes apart on 25 February, 1986 in Sutton Coldfield, England, UK, with Oliver being the elder.
Both young men have always shown a great interest in acting and have been in many high school productions together.
- The twins enjoy golfing, listening to rock music, playing the Xbox and PlayStation, and acting.
- On one of the Harry Potter apps for iPhone, both twins were sorted into the Hufflepuff house.
- They are not natural red heads but actually brunettes.
- To tell the difference between James and Oliver is that Oliver has a mole on the side of his neck. Plus James has a smaller, rounder face and Oliver has a straighter, longer one.
- During Fred's death scene in Deathly Hallows: Part 2, Oliver became emotionally exhausted, because he couldn't cope with seeing his brother dead.
- One time James Phelps was reading the last Harry Potter book on the train in Japan when he got to Fred's death and the ticket person on the train asked for his ticket and James said "I just died mate, leave me alone!"
- James and Oliver traded places during a rehearsal once.
- James and Oliver revealed that Rupert Grint, who portrayed Ron Weasley, has felt like a real brother from the start of the movies.
- "It was so much fun making the film on set, it was like playtime!"
- — The twins on filming Harry Potter
- "Working alongside such big name actors was fantastic, it hasn't really sunk in yet."
- — Oliver Phelps on filming Harry Potter
- "I took one look at James on the stretcher and burst into tears. I can’t even imagine how it would feel to lose him. We have done everything together since birth and to see my brother laying down on a stretcher pretending to be dead just killed me inside. After James got up and I gave him a huge hug. David said, 'you did great, it was very believable.' Then I told him I just thought of it as me and James not Fred and George.""
- — Oliver Phelps on his emotions pretending that James's death was real to him and not as a fictional characters.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone - (2001) Fred and George Weasley
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets - (2002) Fred and George Weasley
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban - (2004) Fred and George Weasley
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (2005) - Fred and George Weasley
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (2007) - Fred and George Weasley
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (video game) (2007) - Fred and George Weasley (voices)
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (2009) - Fred and George Weasley
- Kingdom: Epsiode #3.5 (2009) - Callum and Finlay Anderson
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 (2010)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 (2011)
- "Australia's Funniest Home Videos" (2011) - James and Oliver Phelps
Notes and references
- Mentioned in radio interview.