At least some content in this article is derived from information featured in Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery. Spoilers will be present within the article.
|"Is this all real? Or has this been happening inside my head?"
The topic of this article is of a real-life subject that has been mentioned "in-universe" in a canon source. The Harry Potter Wiki is written from the perspective that all information presented in canon is true (e.g., Hogwarts really exists), and, as such, details contained in this article may differ from real world facts.
Japanese witches and wizards attend the wizarding school Mahoutokoro. At this institution, wands made of cherry wood are especially prized, and those who own them hold a position of special honour.
Native to Japan
The following creatures are found throughout the regions below, where Japan is a part of.
- Pacific Ocean
The following creatures are all found worldwide:
Games and sports
Quidditch originally introduced to Japan by a few foolhardy students from Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry that were blown off course after attempting to circumnavigate the globe on inadequate broomsticks. Japan has become one of the few Asian countries where Quidditch has achieved great popularity, growing especially over the last century.
Japan has a National Quidditch team that competed at the 1994 Quidditch World Cup, around this time, the team has a special move known as The Tsunami, which involves a lot of spinning and has a bit of a Karate theme. The team, with a different roster, also competed in the 2014 Quidditch World Cup, beating Poland and Nigeria, but lost to Bulgaria in the Semi-finals. They ultimately defeated the United States winning third place overall.
Vernon Dursley once made a joke about Japanese golfers in an attempt to impress a possible buyer and his wife for his drill company named Mr Mason. He got very upset when his nephew Harry Potter and the house-elf Dobby interrupted it by making too much noise upstairs.
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (Mentioned in the word Japanese)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (film) (Mentioned in the word Japanese)
- Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (Mentioned only)
- Quidditch Through the Ages (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter: Quidditch World Cup (First appearance)
- Harry Potter Page to Screen: The Complete Filmmaking Journey (Mentioned in the word Japanese)
- Pottermore (Mentioned and appears on a map)
- Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery (Mentioned only)
Notes and references
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Writing by J.K. Rowling: "Mahoutokoro" at Pottermore
- ↑ Writing by J.K. Rowling: "Wand Woods" at Pottermore
- ↑ Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them
- ↑ Quidditch Through the Ages, Chapter 8 (The Spread of Quidditch Worldwide)
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (film) - (see this image)
- ↑ Harry Potter: Quidditch World Cup
- ↑ JAPAN VERSUS POLAND (Archived)
- ↑ JAPAN VERSUS NIGERIA(Archived)
- ↑ BULGARIA VERSUS JAPAN (Archived)
- ↑ PLAY-OFF FOR THIRD PLACE (Archived)
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, Chapter 2 (Dobby's Warning)