Karl began attending Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry on 1 September 2017. As the sorting ceremony was starting, he expressed wonder at the prospect of Albus Potter, son of the famous Harry Potter, being in his year.
During a second-year Potions lesson, Albus and Scorpius Malfoy had difficulty preparing their potion, prompting Karl to tell the other students in the class to "leave [Albus] and Voldemort’s child to it."
Upon returning to 2020 after altering the past, Scorpius Malfoy found himself in an alternate reality in which Lord Voldemort won, and was greeted as the "Scorpion King" by Karl Jenkins on the Hogwarts grounds. Yann Fredericks asked Scorpius if he was still on for an event the following night and Karl enthused they were both ready to "spill some proper Mudblood guts."
Behind the scenes
- In the original West End production of Harry Potter and the Cursed Child, Karl is played by Jack North.
- In the second West End cast (2017-2018) of Harry Potter and the Cursed Child, Karl is played by Tom Mackley.
- In the original Broadway production of Harry Potter and the Cursed Child, Karl is played by Joey LaBrasca.
Notes and references
- ↑ In the alternate universe, Karl mentions that he is ready to "spill some proper Mudblood guts." (Harry Potter and the Cursed Child, Act Three, Scene Two) implying that he is a Pure-blood or half-blood wizard. However, whether this is true of the real Karl is unknown, meaning he could be of a different blood status in the proper universe.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 Harry Potter and the Cursed Child, Act One, Scene Four
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Harry Potter and the Cursed Child, Act Three, Scene Two