|"Is this all real? Or has this been happening inside my head?"
The topic of this article is of a real-life subject that has been mentioned "in-universe" in a canon source. The Harry Potter Wiki is written from the perspective that all information presented in canon is true (e.g., Hogwarts really existed), and, as such, details contained in this article may differ from real world facts.
On Sunday, 7 May in a year prior to 1997, at 7:30 in the evening, Kay and her husband gave a performance of Mozart's Sinfonia Concertanti at St. Mary's Church Hall, which was directed by Alec Webb. The couple were accompanied by the Dollis Chamber Ensemble for the first time. Hermione Granger had a poster for this concert stuck up on the bulletin board in her bedroom in the Granger family's house.
Behind the scenes
- In real life, Emanuel and Kay Hurwitz are, respectively, the stepgrandfather and grandmother of Miraphora Mina, a graphic artist who worked on all eight Harry Potter films. Mina likely created the prop concert poster featured in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 as a tribute to them.
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 (Mentioned on a poster)
Notes and references
- "Mrs Kay Hurwitz comes to Benslow to donate cello bows" from the Benslow Instrument Loan Scheme
- Emanuel Hurwitz's obituary by Margaret Campbell in The Independent
- Harry Potter Limited Edition - A Guide to the Graphic Arts Department: Posters, Prints, and Publications from the Harry Potter Films (see this image)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1
- See Talk:Emanuel Hurwitz.