At least some content in this article is derived from information featured in Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery. Spoilers will be present within the article.
- "I have to fly around our hoops and stop the other team from scoring."
- —Description of the position[src]
Keeper is a position in the Wizarding sport of Quidditch. There is one Keeper per team, and it is their job to guard the three goalposts attempting to stop the other team's Chasers from scoring. The keeper also wears the most protection than any other position, which includes a helmet, shoulder/chest pads and knee pads. This effectively makes them heavier than most of their other team-mates.
The position of the Keeper has existed since at least the 13th century, although the role has changed somewhat over time. The Keeper was essentially a Chaser, with the added responsibilities of guarding the posts. However, with the addition of the scoring zone in 1620, Keepers generally kept inside this area in order to prevent the opposition from scoring. Keepers are only allowed out of this area to head off incoming Chasers.
Keepers are typically well-built and athletic players who usually stick close to the goal posts where they can deploy their defensive skills to their fullest capacity.
- Grenouille was a fictional keeper invented by Malecrit for the play Hélas, Je me suis Transfiguré Les Pieds.
Behind the scenes
- An unidentified Gryffindor Keeper during the 1985–1986 school year was known for misplacing the Broom Wax.
- Vicky Frobisher tried out for the role of Keeper for the Gryffindor Quidditch team, but was unsuccessful.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (film)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (film)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (film)
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (film)
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (video game)
- Quidditch Through the Ages
- Harry Potter: A Pop-Up Book
- LEGO Harry Potter: Building the Magical World
- LEGO Harry Potter: Characters of the Magical World
- Harry Potter: Quidditch World Cup
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4
- Harry Potter for Kinect
- Harry Potter Trading Card Game
- Pottermore (Mentioned only)
- LEGO Harry Potter
- Harry Potter: The Character Vault
- Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery (Mentioned only)
Notes and references
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Quidditch Through the Ages, Chapter 6 (Changes in Quidditch since the Fourteenth Century)
- ↑ 2.00 2.01 2.02 2.03 2.04 2.05 2.06 2.07 2.08 2.09 2.10 2.11 Harry Potter: Quidditch World Cup
- ↑ USA VERSUS BRAZIL (I)
- ↑ BRAZIL VERSUS WALES
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, Chapter 19 (Elf Tails)
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone, Chapter 10 (Hallowe'en)
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, Chapter 11 (Hermione's Helping Hand)
- ↑ BRAZIL VERSUS HAITI
- ↑ USA VERSUS JAMAICA
- ↑ PLAY-OFF FOR THIRD PLACE
- ↑ BULGARIA VERSUS NORWAY
- ↑ 12.0 12.1 Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery, Year 6, Side Quest "Poor Sport"
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone, Chapter 11 (Quidditch)
- ↑ Quidditch Through the Ages, Chapter 8 (The Spread of Quidditch Worldwide)
- ↑ Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery, Year 2, Side Quest "Team Gryffindor" (Gryffindor players only)
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, Chapter 13 (Detention with Dolores)
|Officials: Quidditch referee|
|Player positions: Beater • Chaser • Keeper • Seeker|
|Playing equipment: Beater's bat • Bludger • Broomstick • Golden Snitch • Quaffle|