The Kenmare Kestrels are an Irish Quidditch team from the town of Kenmare, County Kerry, in the South of Ireland, that plays in the British and Irish Quidditch League. Founded in 1291, they have leprechauns as mascots, and their fans also sometimes play the harp at matches. Their robes are emerald-green with two yellow 'K's back to back on the chest.
The Kestrels were founded.
Early in the year the Kestrels defeated the Montrose Magpies. The Daily Prophet blamed Magpies Chaser Alasdair Maddock for the Magpies loss, because of his use of Muggle football techniques in the match.
Behind the scenes
- The real world town of Kenmare has taken the name Kenmare Kestrels for its local basketball team.
- Seamus Finnigan is a fan of the Kenmare Kestrels.
- Daily Prophet Newsletters
- Quidditch Through the Ages
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (Mentioned only)
- Pottermore (Mentioned only)
Notes and references
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.