Kevin Entwhistle (c. 1979-1980) was a wizard who began attending Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry in 1991. He was in the same year as Harry Potter and was Sorted into either Hufflepuff or Ravenclaw house.
- Anglicised form of the Irish name Caoimhín, derived from the older Irish Cóemgein, composed of the Old Irish elements cóem "kind, gentle, handsome" and gein "birth". Saint Caoimhín established a monastery in Glendalough, Ireland in the 6th century and is the patron saint of Dublin.
- Entwhistle could be a form of Entwistle which is an English habitual name from the village of Entwisle in Lancashire, named from Old English henna ‘(water) hen’ or ened ‘duck’ + twisla ‘tongue of land in a river fork’.
Behind the scenes
- Kevin Entwhistle is listed as a Ravenclaw on the list of students in a page of J. K. Rowling's notes shown on Harry Potter and Me. However, as two listed Hufflepuffs (Anthony Goldstein and Michael Corner) had their houses changed to Ravenclaw in the novels as published, two of those listed as Ravenclaws must have been changed to Hufflepuff. Entwhistle may be one of those whose house was changed.
Notes and references
- ↑ World Exclusive Interview with J K Rowling
- ↑ Anthony Goldstein and Michael Corner (whose houses were initially Hufflepuff) were moved to Ravenclaw, therefore two of the original Ravenclaw students (Stephen Cornfoot, Kevin Entwhistle, Roger Malone and Oliver Rivers) were moved to Hufflepuff.
- ↑ Pottermore