At least some content in this article is derived from information featured in Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery. Spoilers will be present within the article.
Khanna was the surname of a British Indian wizarding family. It's unknown if they were pure-blood or had both Muggle and magical heritage. The family owned a farm that grew wood for wands and broomsticks. By 1988, the family owned a house-elf.
Known family members
- Rowan Khanna — a Hogwarts student in the 1980s.
- Mrs Khanna — mother of Rowan
- Mr Khanna — father of Rowan
- Rowan Khanna's brother
- Ashok Khanna (possibly) — Ravenclaw student in the 1990s, of unknown relationship to the family.
- Ollie (possibly) — uncle of Rowan
- Rowan Khanna's uncle (possibly) — uncle of Rowan
Behind the scenes
In separate instances Rowan mentions an uncle, and an Uncle Ollie by name. It's unclear if these are two different men or if Rowan was referring to Uncle Ollie both times. As the surname(s) were never mentioned, it's unknown if these individuals are part of the Khanna family by birth or by marriage.
Ashok Khanna appears in the video game adaption of Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban. Due to the games being released independently, the name is a coincidence. However, if we assume the name isn't also a coincidence in universe, Ashok is in an appropriate age range to possibly be the brother that Rowan mentions.
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (video game) (First appearance) (Console versions)
- Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery
Notes and references
- Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery, Year 1, Chapter 1 (Your Journey Begins)
- Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery, Year 5, Chapter 5 (Penny, Portraits, Peace, and Pressure) - Transfiguration Lesson "Feather Duster to Ferret"
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (video game)
- "Khanna" on Ancestry.com