At least some content in this article is derived from information featured in Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery. Spoilers will be present within the article.
Kirley was the son of Quidditch player Catriona McCormack and the brother of Meaghan McCormack. Both women played for the Pride of Portree. Kirley attended Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry from 1983. He later joined the Weird Sisters, and was one of its first three members.
Personality and traits
Kirley appeared to be a man of few words.
Magical abilities and skills
- Charms: Kirley was capable of producing a non-corporeal Patronus, which is a highly impressive magical achievement, given the difficulty of casting the charm.
- Guitar: Kirley owned a guitar, which was confiscated by Argus Filch in the 1989–1990 school year, which was retrieved by Jacob's sibling and returned to him. He used this guitar to play at numerous events, such as the concert at the Great Lake, the party at the Three Broomsticks Inn and the Yule Ball.
A "Duke" is a nobleman with the highest hereditary rank, especially a man of the highest grade of the peerage in Great Britain.
Behind the scenes
- Kirley Duke was portrayed by Jonny Greenwood of Radiohead in the film adaptation of Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.
- Kirley's appearance as depicted in the video games differs. In his Famous Wizard Card appearance from the first two video games, he is depicted as blond, but in Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery, he is depicted as dark-haired (which is based on his depiction in the fourth film).
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (video game) (Appears on a Famous Wizard Card) (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (video game) (Appears on a Famous Wizard Card)
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (Unnamed)
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (film)
- Quidditch Through the Ages (Mentioned only)
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4 (Appears as "Guitarist")
- Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery
Notes and references
- His mother was a witch, so he was not Muggle-born.
- "World Exclusive Interview with J K Rowling," South West News Service, 8 July 2000 - "Hogwarts just serves Britain and Ireland."
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (video game)
- Quidditch Through the Ages, Chapter 7 (Quidditch Teams of Britain and Ireland)
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4
- Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery, Year 2, "Become an Honorary Rocker" Achievement
- Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery, Year 6, Chapter 24 (Return to the Forest)
- Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery, Year 6, Chapter 38 (Meeting the Merqueen)
- Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery, Year 6, Chapter 44 (The Perfect Party)
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (film) - Chapter 19 (The Yule Ball)
|The Weird Sisters|
|Lead singer||Lead guitar||Rhythm guitar||Bass guitar|
|Myron Wagtail||Kirley Duke||Heathcote Barbary||Donaghan Tremlett|
|Gideon Crumb||Orsino Thruston||Merton Graves||Herman Wintringham|
|Blood Sucker · Do The Hippogriff · Magic Works · This Is The Night|