The Lapifors Spell (Lapifors) was a transforming spell that could be used to transform the target into a rabbit; it worked best on smaller targets such as statues, salamanders or cats.
This spell was learned in third year Transfiguration class at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, taught by Professor Minerva McGonagall. This spell was covered in third year exams at the end of the school year.
Behind the scenes
- The first two syllables of the incantation of this spell, "lapi", sounds very much like "lapin", a French word meaning "rabbit".
- The Goblet of Fire video game categorises this spell under "Jinxes", but it is unknown if this is canon or not, since no video game depict this spell as a jinx, but simply as a harmless transfiguration spell.
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (video game) (First appearance) (PC version)
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (video game) (Console versions)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (video game) (NDS and Game Boy versions only)
- Harry Potter Trading Card Game
- Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery (Mentioned in a question in Transfiguration class)
Notes and references