The Lapifors Spell (Lapifors) is a transforming spell that can be used to transform the target into a rabbit; it works best on smaller artefacts such as statues, salamanders and cats. It may also work on humans but it has never been tested.
This spell is learned in the third year Transfiguration class at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, taught by Professor Minerva McGonagall. She set up an obstacle course to be completed using this and the Draconifors Spell, and one of the questions in the final exam in June of 1994 concerned this spell.
Behind the scenes
- The first two syllables of the incantation of this spell, "lapi", sounds very much like "lapin", a French word meaning "rabbit".
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (video game) (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (video game)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (video game) (NDS and Game Boy only)
- Harry Potter Trading Card Game
Notes and references