At least some content in this article is derived from information featured in Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery. Spoilers will be present within the article.
The Laughing Potion is a potion that induces laughter in the drinker. It is an effective defence against the banshee. Known ingredients include the quills of the Knarl. The Laughing Potion was among the many potions included in Zygmunt Budge's Book of Potions.
During the 1989–1990 school year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, Professor Severus Snape taught his sixth-years how to concoct this particular brew in Potions class. Later that same year, Jacob's sibling consumed this potion as a deterrent against the Banshee they were practising on during Bill Weasley's Defence Against the Dark Arts tutoring session on the Dark creatures.
- Add clear spring water into your cauldron.
- Chop your alihotsy leaves and add them to the water.
- Stir slowly. If you stir too fast you damage the leaves' mirthful properties.
- Snigger at the potion.
- Grind up your Billywig wings and add them to the cauldron. Stir slowly.
- Add three Knarl quills (no more, no less).
- Heat the mixture, then stir vigorously.
- Giggle at the potion.
- Heat the mixture once again.
- Shave your Puffskein and scatter hair over the surface of your potion.
- Stir quickly and apply a high heat.
- Laugh loudly and uncontrollably.
- Add a sprinkle of horseradish powder.
- Stir the potion and heat for the last time.
- Finally, wave your wand over the cauldron to finish the potion.
Notes and references