Hailing from a pure-blood family and happily married to the Senegalese pure-blood Mustafa Kama, Laurena was put under the Imperius Curse by Corvus Lestrange and forcibly had a daughter with him. Laurena died after giving birth to Leta Lestrange.
Behind the scenes
- Laurena Kama is played by Isaura Barbé-Brown in Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald.
- Though her marriage to Corvus was not directly stated, it is strongly implied by Yusuf's words that Corvus "remarried not three months after her death".
- Her second marriage can be seen as similar to that of Merope Riddle and Tom Riddle Snr. Both Laurena and Riddle Senior were forced into marriage and did not rear the resultant children. Riddle Senior abandoned his son, Tom Riddle, whereas Laurena died giving birth, similar to Merope.
- It is also noteworthy that Corvus used the Imperius Curse as opposed to a love potion as to prevent any ill effects on his daughter.
- Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald - The Original Screenplay (First appearance)
- Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald
Notes and references
- ↑ Yusuf Kama was 12 years old in 1896. As Laurena was his mother, she had to be older than he, and was presumably at least 17 at the time he was born in 1884.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald - The Original Screenplay, Scene 101 specifies Leta was conceived in 1896, meaning she must have been born in the year's ninth month or later, and also reveals Laurena died giving birth to Leta.
- ↑ Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald - The Original Screenplay, Scene 67 - Leta is revealed as being already 13 towards the end of the 1910 winter term, thus she can't have been born any later than April 1897.
- ↑ 'Fantastic Beasts' 2 spoilers out on Yusuf Kama's ties to Leta Lestrange & Credence at Snitch Seeker
- ↑ http://www.imdb.com/name/nm3769549/?ref_=ttfc_fc_cl_t65
- ↑ Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald - The Original Screenplay, Scene 103