At least some content in this article is derived from information featured in Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald. As such, spoilers will be present within the article.
Hailing from a pure-blood family and happily married to the Senegalese pure-blood Mustafa Kama, Laurena was put under the Imperius Curse by Corvus Lestrange and forcibly had a daughter with him. Laurena died after giving birth to Leta Lestrange.
Behind the scenes
- Laurena Kama is played by Isaura Barbé-Brown in Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald.
- Though her marriage to Corvus was not directly stated, it is strongly implied by Yusuf's words that Corvus "remarried not three months after her death".
- Her second marriage can be seen as similar to that of Merope Riddle and Tom Riddle Snr. Both Laurena and Riddle Senior were forced into marriage and did not rear the resultant children. Riddle Senior abandoned his son, Tom Riddle, whereas Laurena died giving birth, similar to Merope.
- Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald - The Original Screenplay (First appearance)
- Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald
Notes and references
- ↑ Yusuf Kama was 12 years old in 1896. As Laurena was his mother, she had to be older than he, and was presumably at least 17 at the time he was born in 1884.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald - The Original Screenplay, Scene 101
- ↑ 'Fantastic Beasts' 2 spoilers out on Yusuf Kama's ties to Leta Lestrange & Credence at Snitch Seeker
- ↑ http://www.imdb.com/name/nm3769549/?ref_=ttfc_fc_cl_t65
- ↑ Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald - The Original Screenplay, Scene 103