After her graduation from Hogwarts School, Laverne de Montmorency presumably studied further into Potion-making, becoming an accomplished potioneer and an expert in love potions. She became famous for her invention of many such potions.
On 1 September, 1991, Prefect Robert Hilliard welcomed the Ravenclaw first years to Ravenclaw Tower with a short speech, in which he mentioned potioneer Laverne de Montmorency as one of the many notable Hogwarts students, who had been Sorted, like them, into Ravenclaw.
Magical abilities and skills
- Potions: Laverne was a highly accomplished professional Potioneer and was thus highly proficient in the art and science of potion-making, having successfully invented a number of Love Potions in her lifetime. Given how Love Potions are particularly advanced brews, and that she was even featured on a Chocolate Frog Card for her impressive achievements, this shows her great level of expertise and talent in this branch of magic.
Behind the scenes
- Despite this individual's Hag-like appearance in her Chocolate Frog Card picture, she was actually a human witch.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (video game) (Appears on a Famous Wizard Card)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (video game) (Appears on a Famous Wizard Card)
- Pottermore (Mentioned only)
Notes and references