- "Listen, we're going down to the middle of the train — Lee Jordan's got a giant tarantula down there."
- —Fred or George Weasley[src]
Lee Jordan brought this tarantula to Hogwarts in his third year there. He kept this creature in a box while boarding the Hogwarts Express in 1991. Lee Jordan showed it to his best friends Fred and George Weasley on the train.
Lee Jordan lost his pet tarantula at Hogwarts Castle on the 1992-1993 school year and put up a notice at the Gryffindor pasteboard. Harry Potter subsequently retrieved it, as he found it wandering around the library.
Behind the scenes
- By bringing a tarantula, Lee broke the school rule that only allowed students to keep cats, owls and toads. However, this could be more of a guideline than a hard-and-fast rule, as other students have been shown bringing various other small creatures, such as the Weasley rat called Scabbers or Ginny's Pygmy Puff called Arnold.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (video game)
- Harry Potter Trading Card Game
Notes and references
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone, Chapter 6 (The Journey from Platform Nine and Three-Quarters)
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (video game)