At least some content in this article is derived from information featured in Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery. Spoilers will be present within the article.
- "A number of small scuffles broke out in the corridors, culminating in a nasty incident in which a Gryffindor fourth-year and a Slytherin sixth-year ended up in the hospital wing with leeks sprouting out of their ears."
- — Description[src]
In June of 1994, a series of nasty incidents in the prelude to the Gryffindor-Slytherin Quidditch match in the finale of the Inter-House Quidditch Cup ended abruptly with the use of this spell on a Gryffindor fourth year and a Slytherin sixth year; this necessitated their visitation of the Hospital Wing.
Behind the scenes
- In Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery, this is an award-only spell that can be used in duelling using Sneaky stance. It deals moderate damage and can stun opponents in a defensive stance for one turn. The spell is awarded by defeating twenty duellists in two days when the Duelling Club is first discovered after duelling and defeating Merula Snyde.
- In the Spanish edition of Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery, the Leek Jinx is called "Embrujo Puerro", which translates in English as "Leek spell".
- This spell's type was never revealed in Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, but it was merely assumed by editors of the Harry Potter Wiki due to its effects and nature. However, Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery have officially called this spell the "Leek jinx", which implies that the game's developers take much information for content from this wiki.
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (First appearance)
- Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery (First identified as Leek jinx)