At least some content in this article is derived from information featured in Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery. Spoilers will be present within the article.
Smethwyck was born in 1829, somewhere in the British isles, into the wizarding Smethwyck family. She was the first witch in Great Britain to ever referee a Quidditch match. For this reason, she was featured on a silver Chocolate Frog Card, as part of the Famous Witches and Wizards Cards series. Smethwyck died in 1910.
During the 1993–1994 school year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, a portrait of her guarded a secret passage to a Every Flavour Beans, Pumpkin Pasties, and Cauldron Cakes bonus room, with the password was Polyglot.
Behind the scenes
- The first time she refereed occurred some time before the Women's Rights Movement, although this might not matter in the wizarding world.
- She may be related to Elliot Smethwyck or Hippocrates Smethwyck or both, as they share the same surname.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (video game) (Appears on a Famous Wizard Card)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (video game) (Appears on a Famous Wizard Card)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (video game) (Appears on a Famous Wizard Card) (Appears in portrait(s))
- Pottermore (Appears on a Famous Wizard Card)
- Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery (Mentioned only)
Notes and references