At least some content in this article is derived from information featured in Harry Potter: Wizards Unite. As such, spoilers will be present within the article.
For gameplay-specific information, please see the relevant article on the Harry Potter: Wizards Unite Wiki!
The Leprechaun, sometimes known as the Clauricorn, is a mischievous magical beast, although it is not malicious. They have a reputation as pranksters, but have never inflicted lasting damage on a Human. Native only to Ireland, they are fully sentient and capable of speech but have never requested the British Ministry of Magic to reclassify them as Beings.
Green in colour, the Leprechaun reaches a height of around six inches, and normally wear clothing made out of leaves. Leprechauns main diet consists of vegetation, primarily leaves.
Habitat and traits
Leprechauns live in forests and wooded areas, and they enjoy attracting Muggle attention to themselves. This tendency has led to them being heavily integrated into Muggle children's stories and legends. Leprechauns have the ability to create a gold-like substance that disappears, much to their amusement, after a few hours. Much of this Leprechaun gold is created in the form of Galleon coins.
Ludo Bagman paid Fred and George Weasley in Leprechaun gold-galleons when he lost a bet concerning the Ireland and Bulgaria Quidditch teams during the Quidditch World Cup. Ron paid Harry in it as well to cover the cost of the Omnioculars that Harry got for him to view the match. Ron was very upset when he found out the gold disappeared, and that he hadn't really paid back Harry at all, but Harry didn't mind.
Behind the scenes
- The leprechaun is a fairy-like magical creature from Irish mythology. They are generally depicted as tiny old men with red hair and beards, clad in green, who make shoes, hide coins in pots of gold hidden at the ends of rainbows, and cause mischief. "Clauricorn" is presumably derived from clurichaun, an evil variety of leprechaun associated with drunkards.
- Warwick Davis, the actor who portrayed Professor Filius Flitwick and Griphook the goblin, has also starred as an evil leprechaun in the Leprechaun comedy horror film series.
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (film)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Mentioned only)
- Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them
- Quidditch Through the Ages (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter: Wizards Unite
Notes and references
|Magical Creatures by classification|
|X||Flobberworm · Horklump|
|XX||Augurey · Bowtruckle · Chizpurfle · Clabbert · Diricawl · Fairy · Ghoul · Gnome · Grindylow · Imp · Jobberknoll · Mooncalf · Porlock · Puffskein · Ramora · Winged horse|
|XXX||Ashwinder · Billywig · Bundimun · Crup · Doxy · Dugbog · Fire crab · Fwooper · Glumbumble · Hippocampus · Hippogriff · Hodag · Jarvey · Knarl · Kneazle · Leprechaun · Lobalug · Mackled Malaclaw · Moke · Murtlap · Niffler · Nogtail · Pixie · Plimpy · Pogrebin · Red Cap · Salamander · Sea serpent · Shrake · Streeler · Winged horse|
|XXXX||Centaur · Demiguise · Erkling · Erumpent · Golden Snidget · Graphorn · Griffin · Hidebehind · Kappa · Kelpie · Merpeople · Occamy · Phoenix · Re'em · Runespoor · Snallygaster · Sphinx · Tebo · Thestral · Thunderbird · Troll · Unicorn · Winged horse · Yeti|
|XXXXX||Acromantula · Basilisk · Chimaera · Dragon · Horned Serpent · Lethifold · Manticore · Nundu · Quintaped · Wampus cat · Werewolf|