|"Are you a wizard or not?"
The title of this article is conjectural. Although it is based on canonical information, the actual name is a conjecture and may be supplanted at any time by additional information released from canonical sources. If this occurs, please move this page to the appropriate title.
- "A heavy box, hidden in the corner of the mausoleum, comes crashing to her through the dust. A series of clicks as cogs whirr ... Puzzle-like, it falls apart."
- — Description of the box[src]
This was an ornate box that contained the Lestrange family's family tree that recorded the descendants of the brothers Corvus (I) and Cyrille (I) Lestrange. The women, married as well as daughter, were recorded as flowers, while the men were recorded with name and portraits on the branches on the tree.
It was once owned by Corvus (IV), but it is unknown if he built it or if it was a heirloom that could grow out the next generation during time. At one point, perhaps after the death of Corvus (IV), the family tree ended up in the French Ministry of Magic Records Room, where it remained until Gellert Grindelwald moved it to the Lestrange Mausoleum in Cimetière du Père-Lachaise.
In 1926, the box was sought by Newt Scamander and Tina Goldstein to prove Credence Barebone's true identity as Corvus V, ultimately leading them to the mausoleum. However, Leta Lestrange used the box to demonstrate to Newt, Tina, Credence, Nagini and Yusuf Kama that Corvus really was dead and that Credence was actually a baby that Leta had swapped him with before Corvus had drowned.
- Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald - The Original Screenplay (First appearance)
- Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald
- Harry Potter: Wizards Unite