Among his many published works are Advanced Potion-Making, Asiatic Anti-Venoms and Have Yourself a Fiesta in a Bottle! — the first and second of which are used at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, as a textbook for N.E.W.T.-level classes, and as a reference text for O.W.L.-level classes, respectively.
Despite Borage's accomplishments, Hogwarts Potions Master Severus Snape seemed to be more adept at potion-making than even him, adding many footnotes to his own copy edition of Borage's book, significantly improving it.
Magical abilities and skills
- Potions: Borage was a highly accomplished and skilled potioneer in his lifetime, having written several books on the subject and was considered to be one the most famous potioneers in the world.
- Alchemy: Borage also had significant knowledge in the field of Alchemy, having written about the subject extensively in Advanced Potion-Making.
Libatius Borage's name probably derived from libation, a ritual offering of drink to the gods, and Borage, an edible herb believed to bestow excitement and courage in the hearts of those who consumed it.
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (First mentioned)
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (film) (Name appears on book)
- Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (film) (Mentioned on a newspaper)
- Pottermore (Mentioned only)
- Wizarding World (Mentioned only)
- The Art of Harry Potter Mini Book of Graphic Design (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery (Appears in portrait(s))
- Harry Potter: Wizards Unite (Mentioned only)
Notes and references
- In 1926, The New York Ghost ran an article on the reprinting of Have Yourself a Fiesta in a Bottle! so he was likely of age already by this time.
- Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery
- Writing by J.K. Rowling: "Castelobruxo" at Wizarding World
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, Chapter 9 (The Half-Blood Prince)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, Chapter 16 (In The Hog's Head)
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (film)