At least some content in this article is derived from information featured in the latest update of Pottermore. As such, spoilers will be present within the article. Please take care when reading this article if you have not yet been through the latest update.
Among his many published works are Advanced Potion-Making, Asiatic Anti-Venoms and Have Yourself a Fiesta in a Bottle! — the first and second of which are used at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, as a textbook for N.E.W.T.-level classes, and as a reference text for O.W.L.-level classes, respectively.
Despite Borage's accomplishments, Hogwarts Potions Master Severus Snape seemed to be more adept at potion-making than even him, adding many footnotes to his own copy edition of Borage's book, significantly improving it.
Libatius Borage's name probably derived from libation, a ritual offering of drink to the deities, and Borage, an edible herb believed to bestow excitement and courage in the hearts of those who consumed it.
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (First mentioned)
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (film) (Name appears on book)
- Pottermore (Mentioned only)
Notes and references
- ↑ According to Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince - Chapter 16 (A Very Frosty Christmas); this is the approximate date of publication of Advanced Potion-Making.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Based on attendance of Castelobruxo, per Pottermore.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 Pottermore - Writing by J.K. Rowling: "Castelobruxo"
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince - Chapter 9 (The Half-Blood Prince)
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix - Chapter 16 (In the Hog's Head)