|"Are you a wizard or not?"
The title of this article is conjectural. Although it is based on canonical information, the actual name is a conjecture and may be supplanted at any time by additional information released from canonical sources. If this occurs, please move this page to the appropriate title.
- "Harry blundered up the corridor, barely noticing where he was going, he was in such a fury."
The library corridor was located on the first-floor of Hogwarts Castle, off of which the Hogwarts Library existed. There was a staircase leading to the second-floor corridor. Harry Potter waited in the corridor for Ron Weasley and Hermione Granger in 1991 after Irma Pince ordered him out for straying towards the Restricted Section. The following school year, Harry bumped into Rubeus Hagrid along the corridor.
Behind the scenes
- It is possible that this corridor is the first-floor corridor.
- In the first and second, fifth and sixth games, the library is located on the second-floor, near Classroom 2E.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
Notes and references
- In Chapter 11 of Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, Harry leaves the library, walks along this corridor, walks up a staircase, and is then in a corridor around the corner from the headmaster's office. The headmaster's office is, in Chapter 28 of Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, said to be on the second-floor, placing the library on the first-floor. Additionally, in Chapter 8 of Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, Harry heads towards the library, changes his mind, ascends a staircase and is then on the second-floor corridor, outside of Lupin's office.
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, Chapter 11 (The Duelling Club)
- "Harry waited outside in the corridor to see if the other two had found anything, but he wasn't very hopeful." (Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone - Chapter 12)