At least some content in this article is derived from information featured in Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery. Spoilers will be present within the article.
Liz "Lizard" Tuttle was a witch who began attending Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry in 1984 and was Sorted into Slytherin. She chose Care of Magical Creatures as one of her electives.
Hogwarts years (1984-1991)
During her third year, Liz took Care of Magical Creatures and Divination as electives. She befriended Hufflepuff Penny Haywood at some point during her year, before meeting a friend of Penny's, who was looking for ingredients for Polyjuice Potion. Liz pointed her wand at the person and demanded them to choose between the Billywig, Bowtruckle and Bundimun.
In the first Care of Magical Creatures class during the 1987–1988 school year, aside from Barnaby Lee, Liz appeared to be one of the friendlier Slytherin students, who showed genuine interest in the course. She exclaimed to not having seen anything as beautiful as a Fire Crab shooting flame out its rear.
When Jacob's sibling went to talk to the Bloody Baron to ask about Duncan Ashe, Liz joined them along with fellow Slytherins Barnaby Lee, Merula Snyde and Ismelda Murk. Liz thought Barnaby's jokes involving the word "bloody" were funny.
Sometime during the year, she became a founding member of the Circle of Khanna, a group devoted to avenging Rowan Khanna and locating the final cursed vault. It was at the groups first meeting in the Hog's Head Inn that she learned of the malevolent organisation "R" and itss motives to locate the final Cursed Vault before them.
Personality and traits
She was socially awkward and had difficulty with befriending others, and most other students viewed her as weird. She loved magical creatures and had the desire to become a Magizoologist like Newt Scamander. She seemed to care more about the well-being of creatures than humans, as she feared the blood on the Bloody Baron was the blood of an animal.
Magical abilities and skills
- Potions: Liz achieved an 'Outstanding' in her O.W.L. exam, as she was able to advance to the N.E.W.T.-level Potions class taught by Severus Snape, showing considerable talent in this field.
- Care of Magical Creatures: From an early age, Liz was highly passionate about Magizoology and started studying Care of Magical Creatures from her third year onward. She later earned either an "Exceeds Expectations" or "Outstanding" grade in her O.W.L., as she studied the subject at N.E.W.T., showing considerable proficiency in this field.
- Divination: Whilst not being a natural born Seer like her mother, Liz was still talented in the art of Divination in her own right, as she earned a high enough grade at O.W.L. in the subject which allowed her to study it at N.E.W.T. level.
- History of Magic: Liz was knowledgeable and proficient in the study of magical history, as she was able to study the subject at N.E.W.T. level.
Behind the scenes
- In Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery, players who advanced into Year 4 prior to 12 July, 2018, would first meet Liz in Year 4; this is due to the belated released Side Quest "Polyjuice Potion," which actually chronologically happened in Year 3.
- In Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery, during the "Search for Odour" part of the Care of Magical Creatures class, when clicking "Sniff Liz," the speech bubble "Lizard smells like lake water and hay" would appear; indicating either her full first name or nickname is "Lizard," or it is a typo. It was later revealed that Lizard was in fact her nickname.
- Liz Tuttle was used in the Rotate Puzzle game on Novel Games on 13 July 2019.
- During the Talk to Liz section of Thestral Care of Magical Creatures classes, Liz can mention wanting to request meat-free sandwiches for meals, which suggests she might be a vegetarian or vegan.
- Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery (First appearance)
Notes and references
- ↑ Her mother and her maternal grandparents were wizards. Her father's blood status is unknown.
- ↑ "World Exclusive Interview with J K Rowling," South West News Service, 8 July 2000 - "Hogwarts just serves Britain and Ireland."
- ↑ Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery, Year 4, Side Quest "Magical Pets"
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery, Year 6, Chapter 20 (A Circle of Friends)
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 5.3 Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery, Year 3, Side Quest "Polyjuice Potion"
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery, Year 4, Chapter 1 (Year Four Begins) - Care of Magical Creatures Lesson "Fire Crab"
- ↑ Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery, Year 6
- ↑ Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery, Year 6, Chapter 2 (Curses and Prophecies)
- ↑ Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery, Year 4, Chapter 11 (Beautification Potion)
- ↑ 10.0 10.1 Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery, Year 5, Chapter 6 (The Ghosts of Hogwarts)
- ↑ Yes it’s year 3 also. You’ll see scenes that confirm it. I wrote polyjuice and NHN at the same time. by Matt London on Twitter
- ↑ see this image