At least some content in this article is derived from information featured in Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery. Spoilers will be present within the article.
To cast this light-creation spell, one must flick their wand, then draw it back and flick it a second time, after which it will light, as noted in chapter thirty-two of Extreme Incantations by Violeta Stitch. The spellbook also included a diagram depicting the proper casting of this spell.
During the 1988–1989 school year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, Professor Filius Flitwick taught his fifth year Charms students this charm in preparation for their upcoming Ordinary Wizarding Levels.
Behind the scenes
- Lumos Maxima was created for the third film and does not make an appearance in any of the novels.
- Lumos Maxima was used to introduce The Wizarding World of Harry Potter to fans by illuminating Hogwarts Castle.
- In Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery, Lumos Maxima has the same wand gesture as the Wand-Lighting Charm.
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (film) (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (film)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 (video game)
- Harry Potter for Kinect
- Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (film)
- Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery
- The Wizarding World of Harry Potter
- Harry Potter: The Creature Vault
Notes and references
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 1.12 Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (film) - Scene 1 (Under Covers Prologue)
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery, Year 5, Chapter 29 (Final Preparations) - Charms Lesson "Lumos Maxima"
- ↑ Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them - Announcement Trailer