- "Most of the page was devoted to an advertisement for Madame Malkin's Robes for All Occations, which was apparently having a sale"
- —description of page in Daily Prophet
Madam Malkin's Robes for All Occasions, also known as Madam Malkin's Robes or simply Madam Malkin's, is a shop in North Side, Diagon Alley. Students get their Hogwarts school uniforms there, and wizards and witches can also purchase dress robes, travelling cloaks, and also, on very rare occasions, invisibility cloaks.
Harry Potter first visited the shop in 1991 after Rubeus Hagrid told him to get his uniform robes for Hogwarts. Hagrid was incapable of entering the shop due to his size so after recovering from sickness in the Gringotts Mine Carts, he bought two large ice creams for each of them. During his visit to the shop, Harry met Draco Malfoy for the first time.
During the Christmas holidays, Madam Malkin's was closed with a small notice on the door, which read "We are closed due to daylight robery - back at seven o'cloak" (An obvious pun on "robbery" and "clock).
Due to growing several more inches, Harry returned to Madam Malkin's to buy new uniform robes.
In 1996, Harry and Malfoy met again in the shop, openly insulted each other and almost started a fight. Madam Malkin was shocked when Draco openly called Hermione a Mudblood. Moments later, Draco refused to let Madam Malkin lift up the sleeve of his dress robes to hem it. Harry suspected this is because Draco had recently become a Death Eater and had been branded with the Dark Mark.
- Chameleon skin gloves
- Charmed leather gloves
- Self-ironing robes
- Self-repairing robes
- Pack of name tags 10 Sickles
- Boys' Gryffindor Uniform Pack
- Boys' Gryffindor Cloak Pack
- Girls' Gryffindor Uniform Pack
- Girls' Gryffindor Cloak Pack
- Boys' Slytherin Uniform Pack
- Boys' Slytherin Cloak Pack
- Girls' Slytherin Uniform Pack
- Girls' Slytherin Cloak Pack
- Boys' Ravenclaw Uniform Pack
- Boys' Ravenclaw Cloak Pack
- Girls' Ravenclaw Uniform Pack
- Girls' Ravenclaw Cloak Pack
- Boys' Hufflepuff Uniform Pack
- Boys' Hufflepuff Cloak Pack
- Girls' Hufflepuff Uniform Pack
- Girls' Hufflepuff Cloak Pack
- Dragon-hide gloves 3 Galleons 11 Sickles
Behind the scenes
- Rumours! magazine advertised a mid-season sale up to 50% off selected lines and said that all robes are self-ironing and self-repairing.
- In the film adaptation of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince the trio encountering the Malfoys in Madam Malkin's is omitted, but the shop can be seen briefly in the background when the Death Eaters and Fenrir Greyback raid Ollivanders and kidnap Garrick Ollivander.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (film)
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (video game) (GBC and PS1 versions only)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (film)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (video game)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (film)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7
- Harry Potter Trading Card Game
- The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Diagon Alley
- Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald (In the shoes advertisement)
Notes and references
Dragon Challenge • Flight of the Hippogriff • Harry Potter and the Escape From Gringotts • Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey • Hagrid's Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure • Hogsmeade Station • Ollivander's Wand Shop
Borgin and Burkes • Dervish and Banges • Filch's Emporium of Confiscated Goods • Honeydukes • Madam Malkin's Robes for All Occasions • Magical Menagerie • Ollivander's • Owl Post • Quality Quidditch Supplies • Wands by Gregorovitch • Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes • Wiseacre's Wizarding Equipment • Zonko's Joke Shop