At least some content in this article is derived from information featured in Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery. Spoilers will be present within the article.
|Grasslands||Pixie, Niffler, Knarl, Porlock, Diricawl, and Abraxan|
|Forest||Fairy, Bowtruckle, Gnome, Hippogriff, and Common Welsh Green|
|Dark Forest||Unicorn, Chimaera, Thestral, Acromantula, and Hungarian Horntail|
|Lake||Plimpy, Grindylow, Murtlap, Flobberworm, and Norwegian Ridgeback|
|Rocky Mountains||Mountain troll, Manticore, Griffin, Doxy, and Yeti|
|Scorched Vale||Fire Crab, Salamander, Swedish Short-Snout, Chinese Fireball, and Ukrainian Ironbelly|
Behind the scenes
- Given how "the grounds of Hogwarts function partly as a nature reserve for magical creatures which have difficulty existing in Muggle-inhabited areas", and that Rubeus Hagrid specifically was tasked with looking after the creatures that dwelled within it, this reserve might be located somewhere on the school grounds. Seen as how it is not an area commonly passed through or by, by students crossing the grounds, it might be accessed through the Forbidden Forest.
- The "Scorched Vale" location was originally called "Volcanic Pasture" but this was changed in an update in July 2020 when the location became available.
In Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery, Jacob's sibling is able to take care of Magical Creatures form Year 1 Chapter 5 on. Hagrid introduces the Magical Creatures Reserve and the Niffler. As a start 10 Red Notebooks will be gifted to adopt the gold loving creature to level up to Level 2. Multiple Side Quests with Hagrid are tied to Magical Creatures. Jacob's sibling can only take care of magical creatures depending on their Magizoologist Level.
- Each Magical Creature can be adopted with a certain amount of Red, Blue and Yellow Notebooks.
- Notebooks can be won during various Events, during class rewards or gifted form Jam City on special occasions.
- Creatures can be fed and bonded with to collect Creature XP, which leads ultimately to the next level.
- Creature Food is received via class rewards, by searching for food in the Artefact Room (3h = 4+2+2 Food, 4 HP), from random rewards for winning sets of duels and from Club rank rewards and Club tappies or watching ads for 1 Food while in the Magical Creature Reserve.
- Options to feed a creature 1, 2 or 3 Food are available. Feeding 3 will level up the creature faster, as the refresh time between feeding is the same no matter what amount is chosen.
- Bonding is free of charge, but has a longer refresh rate.
- XP for Bonding and Feeding values were updated on March 26, 2020.
- Upon reaching the next level a reward is given. These can be different amounts and colours of Notebooks, Coins, Energy, and Gems. Energy is stackable above the limit.
- If the maximum trust level of a creature is reached, the creature no longer gives XP towards the Magizoologist Level.
- Creatures with maximum trust can be feed 3 Food to receive a reward (very much like class rewards). There is a 7 h refresh rate. Bonding and Interact are still available at no cost and no gain.
|Total Creature XP Reqired||0||12||812||4592||9242||11942||26822||39801||51612||100000|
|XP between levels||n/a||12||800||3780||4650||2700||14880||12979||11811||n/a|
|Magical Creature||Lv||Location||Cost to Adopt||XP||Total Rewards|
|Fire Crab||2||Scorched Vale||50||10||2||2402||4||10||4||2||1050||54||15|
|Chinese Fireball||4||Scorched Vale||65||40||25||5627||20||24||8||4||750||54||15|
|Mountain troll||5||Rocky Mountains||50||10||3990||2||12||2||2||1050||54||15|
|Swedish Short Snout||6||Scorched Vale||70||20||15||4840||20||18||6||4||750||54||19|
|Hungarian Horntail||8||Dark Forest||95||30||25||4980||20||24||8||4||600||54||18|
|Ukrainian Ironbelly||8||Scorched Vale||70||45||30||5220||16||26||4||8||900||54||18|
- Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery (First appearance)
Notes and references
- Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery
- When am I able to interact with magical creatures - Jam City Support
- How do I adopt Magical Creatures - Jam City Support
- How do I increase my trust level - Jam City Support
- How do I increase my Magizoologist Level - Jam City Support
- Where do I find Food for my creatures - Jam City Support
- How do I adopt the Fairy? - Jam City Support
- How do I adopt the Fire Crab? - Jam City Support
- How do I adopt the Bowtruckle? - Jam City Support
- How do I adopt the Abraxan? - Jam City Support
- How do I adopt the Salamander? - Jam City Support
- How do I adopt the Hippogriff? - Jam City Support
- How do I adopt the Welsh Green Dragon? - Jam City Support
- How do I adopt the Acromantula? - Jam City Support
- How do I adopt the Thestral? - Jam City Support
- How do I adopt the Knarl? - Jam City Support
- How do I adopt the Chimaera? - Jam City Support
- How do I adopt the Mountain Troll? - Jam City Support
- How do I adopt the Pixie? - Jam City Support
- How do I adopt the Grindylow? - Jam City Support
- How do I adopt the Gnome? - Jam City Support
- How do I adopt the Manticore? - Jam City Support
- How I adopt the Murtlap? - Jam City Support
- How do I adopt the Yeti? - Jam City Support
- How do I adopt the Doxy? - Jam City Support
- How do I adopt the Unicorn? - Jam City Support
- How do I adopt the Griffin? - Jam City Support
- How do I adopt the Norwegian Ridgeback? - Jam City Support
- How do I adopt the Hungarian Horntail? - Jam City Support