At least some content in this article is derived from information featured in Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery. Spoilers will be present within the article.
Magical Drafts and Potions is a book written by Arsenius Jigger. It is currently used as a textbook at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. The subjects it is used for are Potions and Defence Against the Dark Arts. A copy of this book costs two Galleons at Flourish and Blotts.
During the 1995-1996 school year, Severus Snape set an essay on the properties of moonstone. Hermione Granger recommended that Harry Potter and Ronald Weasley use Magical Drafts and Potions to look up information on this essay, informing them that she had already lent her copy to Padma Patil. Unwilling to attempt to find the book in the library, Harry and Ron went to find Padma. She agreed to turn over the book if Harry assisted her with her Transfiguration homework.
The book contains many potions, including:
- Antidote to Common Poisons
- Cure for Boils
- Forgetfulness Potion
- Herbicide Potion
- Sleeping Draught
- Swelling Solution
- Wideye Potion
- Wiggentree Bark
- The book also contains information on the properties of moonstone and how it can be used in potions.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (film)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (video game)
- Harry Potter Trading Card Game
- Harry Potter Limited Edition
- Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery
Notes and references