At least some content in this article is derived from information featured in Harry Potter: Wizards Unite. As such, spoilers will be present within the article.
For gameplay-specific information, please see the relevant article on the Harry Potter: Wizards Unite Wiki!
- "Magical Mediterranean Water-Plants and Their Properties is a useful Herbology book."
- —Description [src]
In 1994, Barty Crouch Jr, disguised as Alastor Moody, gave a copy of this book to Neville Longbottom, seemingly as a comfort for showing him the Cruciatus Curse on a spider. As part of Crouch Jr's plan to manipulate the Triwizard Tournament to allow Harry Potter to win, he placed the book within Harry's reach as it contained information on Gillyweed, which would allow him to pass the Second Task. However, due to Harry's pride (not asking for help from everyone around him), he did not discover this book. Crouch later revealed his plot to Harry, and expressed annoyance at Harry's pride being a hindrance.
Behind the scenes
- In the movie, this book's role in the story is replaced by Magical Water Plants of the Highland Lochs, written by Hadrian Whittle. It is possible that Whittle also wrote Magical Water Plants of the Mediterranean.
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (First appearance)
- The Art of Harry Potter Mini Book of Graphic Design
- Harry Potter: Wizards Unite
Notes and references