|"Are you a wizard or not?"
The title of this article is conjectural. Although it is based on canonical information, the actual name is a conjecture and may be supplanted at any time by additional information released from canonical sources. If this occurs, please move this page to the appropriate title.
- "The high hedge curved into them, running off into the distance beyond the pair of imposing wrought-iron gates barring the men’s way. Neither of them broke step: In silence both raised their left arms in a kind of salute and passed straight through, as though the dark metal was smoke."
- —Snape and Yaxley gaining access through these gates[src]
The gates to Malfoy Manor were magic wrought-iron gates. These gates permitted select individuals (Death Eaters who made some sort of salute a hand with a Dark Mark) to pass through them as if they were smoke, and with others the iron contorted into a face which demanded the purpose of the person trying to enter the manor.
- "One of the Snatchers strode to the gates and shook them. “How do we get in? They’re locked, Greyback, I can’t—blimey!” He whipped his hands away in fright. The iron was contorting, twisting itself out of the abstract furls and coils into a frightening face, which spoke in a clanging, echoing voice. “State your purpose!” “We’ve got Potter!” Greyback roared triumphantly. “We’ve captured Harry Potter!” The gates swung open."
- —The Snatchers gaining access through these gates[src]
When Harry Potter, Ronald Weasley and Hermione Granger were caught by a group of Snatchers led by Fenrir Greyback, they were brought to Malfoy Manor, where upon Greyback had to inform the gates of why they wished to enter before the gates let them through.
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 (video game)